Joining the Mafia

Yay! Hope you had a nice weekend. We received a blog award last week. Thanks so much, Read My Life as Carrie.
 







1. Who is your style icon?
Definitely Megan Fox. KIDDING! I don't have just one. I'm lucky enough to work in DC, so I get to see a lot of really fashion-forward ladies strutting their stuff on the daily. I get a ton of ideas from them--they are my fashion icons.

2. What is your favorite socialite lit book?
You mean like Gossip Girl? I like the show, but I don't think I've ever read a socialite lit book. I do read A LOT--every single day on my commute to work. I don't know if I can pick a favorite book. I'll admit I've read the Twilight Saga more than once, and I've read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and Paperback Original by Will Rhode a couple times. I just finished Thirteen by Richard K. Morgan (a sci-fi book that I never really got into) and right now I'm reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Next up are The Bell Jar by Silvia Plath and The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton. See? I really do read a lot. If you have any other book suggestions, feel free to share!
3. Favorite party theme?
We has a handful of themed parties when I was in college. My favorite was probably the toga party. I know it's cliché but it was really a lot of fun. I wore a flannel cat sheet. Belted. Two words: Toga Twister.
4. Go to Halloween costume?
I love classic monsters. Before this year I'd say my go-to was Dracula. No, not a sexy vampire. A totally dorky and terrifying Dracula. Hello white face paint, widow's peak and slick hair. I was Frankenstein (a.k.a. Frankenmel) last year. It was so easy and cheap. It'll definitely be hard to top this year.
5. Extravagance you cannot live without?
Shoes. I have over 60 pairs...and counting.
6. Living person you admire?
Would it be weird if I said I admire my sister? She's very poised and patient.
7. Greatest fear?
I am a total control freak--I'd say one of my greatest fears is not being in control.
8. Trait you deplore in yourself?
Deplore is a strong word. I don't like that I quit everything. I also don't like that I can't keep my mouth shut. I'm doing my best to get better at both.
9. Which talent would you most like to have?
I want to be a Renaissance person; someone who's good at everything. Is that cheating?
10. Greatest Achievement?
To date I'd say my greatest achievement is graduating college Summa Cum Laude and getting a full time job (loosely) related to my degree 3 months later.


I want to pass this one on to...

KARLA'S CLOSET

 Shirt: Forever21
Scarf: Forever21
Jeans: Victoria Secret
Ring: Vintage
Shoes: GoJane

15 comments:

Shelley Ann said...

youll have to post how the bell jar is when you read it! ive heard some good things about it but im not sure if i want to read it...and i really love your shoes! they are super cute!

Kaleena J. said...

The Bell Jar is one of the best books you will ever read. I promise you. I have read it twice in a row. it can be depressing but Sylvia Plath is unbelievable when it comes to writing. If you like the book, you should check out some of her poetry too.

Josie said...

I love this look! I love reading as well and we're DEFINITELY both shoe people.
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Dylana Suarez said...

Love the outfit!

Just came across your blog!

It is lovely!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Susi said...

I loved reading this post! I am not that shoe girl - I love bags :D But those blue shoes you're wearing are amazing!!!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I LOVE this post! Shoes are my extravagance as well - I am far too obsessed!! :)

Kristin said...

I love that you said you admire your sister. Fabulous!

Kayla said...

Congrats. You deserve this!

http://senseofstyleiseternal.blogspot.com/

Elaine said...

This was such a fun post :) Loved reading more about you!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

aw, it's great reading more about you!!

Missy M said...

oh congrats and i love your answers!

Missy
High street + Couture =
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

shari @ little blue deer said...

Oh, cool, congrats on the award! Loved reading about you, I love to find out more about my bloggy friends! Great Frankenmel, love it!

Taylor Sterling said...

love the outfit and the post! Fun read!

Punctuation Mark said...

you have a very cute blog... congrats... also this post is very cute... have a nice one!

E said...

Oh you are so kind to pass this award along to me! And I really need to read Thirteen. I was intrigued by the movie, but I bet the book would be better :-)