Pretty and witty and gay

I've been neglecting you. But I have a good reason. At least I think it's a good reason.

It was the Friday after the 5.8 magnitude earthquake rocked the entire east coast. I'd spent the entire week with a cold (which is why I didn't post any OOTDs last week). On the verge of Hurricane Irene, I had a pounding headache and came home to a note taped to a chair in the middle of the living room.

"Go look at the refrigerator, NOW!"

My initial thought was that the dog or cat had gotten into something. I hoped it was funny... I looked at the fridge and saw this:


"Note: Even after seven years i"m still not sick of you... :) I lve you more and more each day.... Love, Steve"

For years we have joked that we're not sick of one another.

I turned around and saw him coming down the stairs. He asked if I read the note to which I replied, "Yeah..." and he asks, "Well, with that said, will you marry me?"

I burst into tears and said yes!


As you can probably imagine, I've been on cloud nine for at least 4 days with no end in sight. I'm so excited. All I want to do is read about weddings. And research venues. And photographers. And caterers. And everything else that has to do with weddings. So, please forgive me if you don't hear from me for days at a time.


27 comments:

Mel said...

Congratulations!

This opens up a whole world of fashion blogging, huh!?

HazelandMare said...

HOORAYYY!!!! So happy for you!!! Congratulations! Have fun planning!

Ashley J said...

OMG, congrats!!!!!!! Wonderful news...

AMBER DANESE said...

I am still so flippin' excited for you and Steve and can't wait to be part of your wedding!! XOXOXOXO

MONKEYFACE said...

I'm so thrilled for you, Mel!! Of course we will forgive you, enjoy this time! :)

Rebecca said...

Congratulations. Pretty ring!

Josie said...

Yayyyyyy! Congratulations, beautiful! That's so exciting!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Viktoria with a K said...

Congratulations!! I remember being on cloud 9 those first few days after the proposal. Enjoy it! :)

Melissa said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

That's so very exciting and I'm incredibly happy for you! I can't wait to hear all about the wedding details!

Kavery said...

Congrats- you are so lucky. I would be AWOL from the blogging world too. Have a great time celebrating

Bonnie said...

Congratulations again! Let me know if you want any vendor recommendations! xoxo

M.R. said...

that's so exciting!!

congratulations!

mindofmr.blogspot.com

G. said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

LyddieGal said...

Aww, I'm honestly tearing up a little here, I'm so happy for you! Best wishes!!

Mommyblogger said...

Congrats- Take all the time you need away from blogging & just enjoy the bliss!

Katrina said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy all the planning :)

J. said...

Hooray! You made tears come to my eyes! What great story!

Rin said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful ring!

rlutz said...

woo hoo!! Congratulations!

Isabel said...

awwww! im so happy for you, congrats!

Maria said...

YAY! Congrats!!!! I am so late to the game, but that's just tooooo exciting! If you need any MD area recommendations, email me!

Nav said...

yay congrats to you! such an adorable proposal!! I got engaged last week too (pics on my blog!) and we have known each other 8 years and havent gotten sick of each other! haha

Enjoy being on cloud9! I totally understand how that feels! and I need to get on that Dress shopping soon as i do tie the knot in 10 months!

Nav
http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

Iris said...

Congrats!

Destined For Now said...

Congrats Mel!

Marie said...

Congratulations!:D


***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Dana said...

Congrats! your ring is beautiful! Also, your fridge may be the coolest home appliance I have ever seen! Did you buy it like that or paint it! I am so tempted to go buy some chalkboard paint and renovate my own fridge, what a cool idea!

Sorren said...

SO! Exciting!!
I'm recently engaged too, and we ALSO have 7 years in our back pocket!!
I'm super excited to see that you'll be wedding planning also. It's always nice to connect with people who are doing the same things as you!