Work Sweats

001
010
008
Earrings: Forever21; Cardi+Tee: NY&Co; Belt: H&M; Pants: Forever21; Flats: GoJane

I hate sweatpants. I pretty much just wear them while I'm painting and early in the morning before I've gotten dressed for the day.  I just don't find them comfortable. And not in the sense that they are too constricting or physically uncomfortable, but they just make me feel weird.

As much as I hate sweats, I love these pants. They're a semi-sheer polyester and have huge leg holes and an elastic waistband. UH HUH, AN ELASTIC WAISTBAND. Sounds vaguely similar to sweatpants... but they're so much better than sweatpants because I can wear them without feeling like a slob or being uncomfortable. Please don't be offended if you're a sweats-lover. I went to college with a girl whose wardrobe consisted of nothing but VS Pink and I always thought she looked cute! Anyway, I bought these babies for less than $20 at Forever21 and they surprisingly fit in both the waist (thanks elastic!) and in the length. I initially grabbed them because they look like a maxi-skirt without actually being a maxi-skirt. For some reason I'm extremely paranoid of maxi-things making me look short, even though they say they actually make you look taller. Not sure who they actually are. Oh jeeze, I have a complex. Speaking of which, I'm not sure whether I should be happy or depressed because I've been able to buy 2 pairs of pants (these and a pair of jeans from Loft) with a "regular" inseam. Am I already shrinking?

25 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like comfortable work clothes. I have a couple of jersey dresses that are my version of work sweats.

Viktoria with a K said...

At first I thought this was a long dress... The pants look great on you! I need to look into something like those. I've found that I squat down a lot in my new job (looking for books) and I'd love to have something loose to wear when I'm crawling on my knees!

Josie said...

You look so cute -- and it's comfortable, too? Brilliant.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Healthy and Homemade said...

Omg, you're hilarious. Maybe they're making pants longer now because Americans are starting to grow freakishly big. I swear, the 6th graders I teach are as tall as me OR taller and I'm 5'7"!! It's weird.

You look fantastic btw =) Hooray elastic!

Lubna said...

Stunning outfit! I don't have anything against sweats but sometimes they feel like pajamas so I'd steer clear from wearing them outside the house, hehe.

Anyways, love the cardigan :)

Lubna | ELLE VOX

Lidiya said...

Your look is so so cute, I adore your pants - such a casual yet stylish style :)
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Monica and Whitney said...

Those pants are so fabulous. I want them.

Ask the Duplex
Checkout Our Giveaway for a Missiko Flat Iron

Sarah said...

Such a great look. I love these pants!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

M.R. said...

Love the whole outfit!

mindofmr.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

I'm not really a fan of sweats either! I will admit that in the winter there is nothing better than coming home and changing into fleece pj pants though. But it's not winter right now!

And people who think you can wear sweats (i dont care if they are VS or Juicy or whatever) in public are horrible, lazy people. Velour, terry cloth... i hate them all. doubly if they match or feature butt writing.

PS you don't look short!

Chic on the Cheap

Mimi said...

i am definitely loving the pants! they look formal but comfy at the same time. and i loooove the beachy waves you are sporting. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

genevieve said...

You're making me covet elastic waist bands. There is something wrong with that sentence.

Loving this simple, neutral combination! That top is too cute, and your hair is adorable!

Kavery said...

If a pair of pants combine elegance and comfort they are a score. Love the pendant you have on

Isabel said...

what do u wear when u bum around the house all day and dont go anywhere?? the idea of lounging in jeans makes me cringe. lol

FashionJazz said...

Love these pants on u! Xx

Marisa said...

Those do look super comfy and your legs look soooooo long!

lapetal said...

Gorgeous outfit, I agree with what you are saying about sweatpants =.= , although I do have a new love for black juicy couture ones since I saw a girl in the city the other day wearing a gorgeous outfit, that actually made me swoon!!!

xox

Style Journey said...

I love these pants! I like wide legged pants, they seem to elongate your legs. I also like how you kept everything neutral in the outfit :)

Heather

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

I'm in love with your hair! x hivenn

Anna said...

Those pants look like a maxi skirt (is that the point because I love that!) You have fantastic style. I love all the neutrals you do.

Monica and Whitney said...

These pants are AMAZING!

Ask the Duplex

E said...

This is so elegant! I love the long silhouette!

Sarah said...

Super cute. I love these pants too. The make your legs look super long!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

dotty said...

those pants look spectacular! bonus that they're super comfy too!

dash dot dotty

Iris said...

I love knit pants, they are so comfy! I kind of feel like I'm shrinking too... it's crazy!