Happily Ever After, The End

Hi. It's been a while. I feel a little silly to even be writing this post, but I have some exceptionally wonderful readers and friends who have asked about the blog recently (and some not so recently) and I feel like I owe them/you some sort of explanation as to where the heck I've been for the last 6 months.

When I first started blogging, I loved every second of it. I loved finding new outfits in my closet and putting things together that I never would have thought of, much less tried before blogging. I loved the creative aspect of it since I don't have much of a creative outlet at my 9-5. I had fun virtually meeting new people and visiting other blogs. I would spend countless hours reading other posts and then rush home after work and take photos to post myself. And then at some point a few months ago, I decided that it was becoming more and more like a third job. It started becoming this self-involved hobby that stopped being fun and started feeling like a chore. Plus, I was having a hard time thinking of cool/funny/interesting things to write and "here's what I wore. to work. again." didn't seem like it was going to cut it. I stopped blogging (I hope) before my readers realized this...

Rest assured that I still get dressed every day :) and I'm not some mopey and depressed ex-blogger. Ha! I spend my free time planning my wedding and at the end of the day, I rush home to change and walk the dogs. We have two now! 

 From left to right: Cooper (my dad's dog), Ace and Colby
3 Border Collies

I think it's taken me this long to write this post because I was in denial. I felt like acknowledging that I am done is somewhat of a failure on my part. I still feel that way a little bit. Not to mention the fact that I figured people would think, "Who the hell cares?! Sayonara! You really are self-involved!" The blog is like a long-term relationship that I couldn't quite shake, but right now I feel like I can say that I'm done.

Thank you all for reading and being so wonderful over the last couple years. I'm still on Twitter @melundie and still check email occasionally, so please feel free to drop me a line if you ever want to chat.

5 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

You'll be missed, Melanie. Take care with the planning and the pups and everything else!

LyddieGal said...

I know how you feel about the blog becoming like a unpaid second job, so I can't blame you.
But i do wish you all the best, and hope that you at least pop back with a few wedding photos after your nuptials!

Josie said...

Melanie, I've missed you! I totally understand how you feel. Wishing you the very best of luck with everything, my dear!
xo Josie

Packer said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Packers and movers in Chennai

Malin Aldhagen said...

Nice blog!! would you mind following each other via bloglovin? :)

/Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk